Ben Pastor is back with a new novel. The Horseman’s Song is the sixth in the Martin Bora WWII crime collection and the prequel to the whole series. Set during the Spanish Civil War, the action takes place in the high sierras of Aragon, where a troop of Franco’s volunteers under the orders of Wehrmacht officer Martin Bora face a platoon from the International Brigades. The focal point of the story is the mystery of the poet Federico Garcia Lorca’s murder. His body was never found. It is still being looked for today.
To celebrate the publication of The Horseman’s Song, Bitter Lemon Press is offering five Crime Club readers the chance to win three titles from the backlist:
- Liar Moon
- A Dark Song of Blood
- Tin Sky
- Road to Ithaca
To enter, fill in below entry by 20 February 2019. Winners will be picked at random.
Terms and conditions
- No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw.
- This promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland), aged 18 years or over. Employees of Promoter, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates or any other parties that are involved in the development, production, or distribution of this prize draw in any way, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee and/or authors, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
- Entries must be received by 11:59 pm on 20th February 2019. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries and entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
- Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
- All correctly completed entries will be entered into a prize draw, which will take place on 15th March 2019. The first five entries drawn will be the winners.
- The prize for the winners will be three copies from the backlist as set out above.
- Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified via email or post by 25th March 2019. The winner must claim their prize within 30 working days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- To obtain details of the winner please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the name of the prize draw in the subject heading 4 weeks after the closing date.
- The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
- Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
- By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is Bitter Lemon Press, 47 Wilmington Square London, WC1X 0ET
- These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.